second attempt for brownies kukus, recipe reference from almh. mbak inong. i tried to make steamed brownies once in yogya, my macbook was in a death state so there was no reference to check with, so i just made it up. and yeah, total failure:P
the recipe from mbak inong’s blog is very simple and it totally work. when i was reading it, i was thinking is this for real, 8 eggs? *huh* and frying oil? *eh*, but anyhow it worked totally and taste the best (everyone in the family loves it). i’m sending my prayer and thanks to you, mbak inong:)
STEAMED BROWNIES (BROWNIES KUKUS)
200 grams wheat flour
400 grams sugar (i probably only used half, we don’t like cakes to be too sweet)
300 ml coconut oil/other frying oil
60 grams cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
chocolate sprinkles as you wish
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, set aside.
2. Mix the egg and sugar until dissolving, put in the dry ingredients, add vanilla powder and salt, lastly put in the oil.
3. Mix it until it’s even, divide it into two parts.
4. Pour in the first batch into a 24-cm round baking pan, steamed it in medium heat for 15 minutes, after they rise and dry, pour the chocolate sprinkles.
5. Pour in the second batch, steamed it for 20 minutes.
6. Remove it from the steamer, cool it and ready to serve:)
1. Put some cloth on the steamer cover so the water don’t dribble the brownies and make the surface wavy (I didn’t do this so my brownies look like the moon surface:P)
2. Do not open the steamer until it’s ready.
3. Btw, I put in some cooking oats into the ingredients while mixing it, making it more healthier:D
Easy peasy huh? Taste great too:P~